Let me introduce myself

College student. Loves to love the earth, the animals, and the people. Highly inspired by scriptures and quotes. I am not an expert at anything.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Mr.Owl

Intro: This was just an exercise, I tried to step out of the style, I've been using lately. Conversation with an owl.



Have you seen the stars lately? Oh, so you have looked up to them. Well that is fine, look up to them. Let them be your heroes. And then when you fall tomorrow morning, and you skin your knees, look up to them. They won't be there. Now do you see? For the stars are the only ones I looked up to, and they aren't even always there. And I tried the clouds, they were worst. Always moving, changing, bending shape! And the sun! Well that sun only burned my eyes. So who do you suppose I should look too? The mud, the dirt, the fire ants? If i dwell with the dirt, they'll call me a worm! And if the stars are not sweet to me, how could i even think of counting on the ants? The flowers, you say? Pretty little things? They make me sneeze. The earth, the sky, I don't belong! And the sea, well my goodness-- there are sharks! So Mr.Owl if you are truly so smart, where do i belong and to whom? And please don't say the people. For yes, I am a people, but I'd rather lay with the fire ants.




Quote of the moment:


"The streets lie, the sidewalks lie, everything lies You can try and read it but you're gonna get it wrong...all wrong The summer evenings burn and melt and the nights glitter but you're gonna get it wrong And it's gonna sink its teeth into your flesh and pull you to the bottom.”


-Henry Rollins




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, nice blog :)